It is no longer a new thing that life in school especially tertiary institutions is very hard, especially if you come from an average or low class family. From the point of your departure from house, until you get to your hostel/lodge in school, you are already Independent of your financial choices. Nobody forces you again to spend or save some money.
However, this does not imply you to be careless with your expenditures because that little money that you have with you while en route to school will not be sufficient enough to cater all your luxurious expenditures.
TRENDING NOW🔥:how much should i budget for clearance
For those recently admitted – See how to use the school portal here >>> https://funaiwhistle.com/2022/01/aefunai-student-portal-process-flow-how.html
From paying for transport fares to and fro lecture classes, feeding, rent and buying textbooks, you see a typical Nigerian student spends so much.
Now if you want to know how to save up some small money from that little you have for school especially as a student of AEFUNAI, this article is for you. Am going to make it as simple and brief as possible for you.Below are few tips that can help you save up some money as a student:
1. Make a budget, mapping out money for your basic needs as a student such as feeding, rent, books, health welfare etc, and stick to your plans.
2.Try as much as possible to cook food and minimize buying junks and eating outside. Cooking your food will save you some money and you will even eat more better food.
3. Buy only necessary textbooks and photocopy only materials that it’s mandatory. For the few times that would need to read the textbook, I did not mind hanging around the library. However if you were someone who hates the library. Don’t worry I have some other options for you, you can become friends with someone in class and go 50/50 on the book cost or rent a book Instead of buying it.
4. Party on the low, minimize your party frequency.
5.Don’t always take rides to classes, you can trek to nearby classes, try leaving your hostel or lodge earlier on to get to the class.
6. Do not flirt with relationships especially with opposite sex, if you must date, just stick to one person, it saves a lot.
7. Do not involve in student politics especially being the contestant until you have more than enough for your own personal affairs.
8. Buy in bulk when you are about to return to school, bulk purchase doesn’t necessarily mean buying in cartons. You can buy jumbo pack of a detergent instead of buying those small satchets daily.
9. Avoid unnecessary show off and expenditures just to impress people or to hype your profile, it doesn’t pay to be fake.
If you have any issues, am always here to help. You can chat me up on +2348167788957 via WhatsApp only pls. Welcome to Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike. Soar like an Eagle💖
Last Updated 1 year