The Following are the guidelines for transferring from any Federal, State or Private University to Alex Ekwume Federal University NDUFU-ALIKE IKWO (AEFUNAI)
- Transfer students shall possess the minimum Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (FUNAI) and Departmental entry requirements prior to entry into the University from where they are seeking transfer.
- Transfer students shall make a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.95 on a 5.00 point scale to qualify for consideration and should not have spent more than two (2) academic sessions in his or her former University.
- The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 4% of the departmental admission quota in any one year.
- Application should be accompanied by student’s transcript. FUNAI official(s) would be sent to the University from where transfer is being sought for verification of the transcript or on-line verification as the case may be.
- If at any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the student(s), such student(s) shall be withdrawn from the University.
- Disciplinary action shall be taken against any officer of the University found colluding with or circumventing the process of the transfer.
- A transfer student is required to possess a JAMB score which is not less than the minimum score of AEFUNAI students admitted into his department in his admission year.
- He must transfer into the same course as he studied in his University.
- Transfer student must not be admitted beyond second (2nd) year for all programmes in the University.
- A transfer student must be a current student of the University from which he seeks transfer.
- All recommendations for admission by transfer from Faculty shall be submitted to the Admissions Office for collation and presentation to Senate Entrance Board for consideration.
- Visit the Alex Ekwueme website (www.funai.edu.ng) or portal (portal.funai.edu.ng), log in to generate and download a unique Payment Invoice for Application Processing Fee. Pay the application fee through Remita payment platform at any Commercial Bank. You are to generate a payment invoice which contains a Remita number; the invoice print out will enable you to make your payment at the bank.
- Visit the AEFUNAI website or portal (www.funai.edu.ng or portal.funai.edu.ng) again and log in your Telephone and Invoice Numbers, and then complete the Inter-University Transfer Form online.
- Print the form and forward to your current University Registrar for completion of last page to confirm release from your current University. The release form should be forwarded to the Registrar, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo by your current Registrar.
- Candidates should note that any form which is not completed on-line will not be processed.
N.B: Procedure for Application is not yet approved by the AEFUNAI senate body, thus the strike-through.