Are you running Windows 10 on your computer and you don’t know how to uninstall programs and apps on it. Do you have an app that you don’t need on your laptop and you are looking for a way to delete or remove it, then I guess your search has brought you here.
If you are running Windows 10 on your laptop/computer, there are several ways to do it, but it depends on what type of app it is. Apps and programs can be removed or uninstalled through using the Start Menu, Settings and also via Control Panel. Check out below on how to easily do this on your system.
Uninstall an Application Using Control Panel
One if the methods of removing a program from your Windows 10 computer, is via Control Panel. To do this,
- Go to the “Start” menu and type “control,” then click the “Control Panel” icon
- Under “Programs,” click “Uninstall a program.”
- Next you will see a long list of installed applications you have on your computer
- From the list, select or click the program you’d like to uninstall and then click the “Uninstall” button.
Uninstall an Application Using Settings
Another easy way you can remove apps from your Windows 10 computer is going through the “Settings” method. This method will help you locate virtually every installed program on the system. To remove a program or delete any app on your system via this method,
- Go to “Settings” by clicking the “Start” menu and selecting the gear icon.
- Another easy way is by pressing the Windows+I on your keyboard.
- In “Settings,” click “Apps.”
- After doing that, you will see a list of all apps installed on your system. This includes both apps installed through the Microsoft Store and those installed through other methods.
- Locate and select the program you will like to remove and then click “Uninstall.”
Note: If the app was installed from the Microsoft Store, it will uninstall instantly without any extra steps.
If it’s an app installed through other means, you might see an additional pop-up dialog. If so, click “Uninstall” again. After that, the program’s uninstall wizard window will launch. Follow the wizard’s steps, and the app will uninstall completely.
Uninstall an Application Using the Start Menu
One of the easiest method of removing any app from your Windows 10 computer, is via the Start Menu. To do this;
- Go to the “Start” menu
- Locate the application’s icon, then right-click it.
- On the menu that pops up, simply select “Uninstall.”
Note: When using this method, if it’s the first time you’ve uninstalled a program this way, it will warn you with a small pop-up dialog, continue by clicking on the “Uninstall” button again. The app will be uninstalled silently with no further action necessary.
If the app wasn’t installed via the Microsoft Store and you right-click on it, What you need to do , is select “Uninstall,” and this will lead to the “Programs and Features” window. From here, locate the program in the list, select it, then click the “Uninstall” button.
I hope this tutorial was helpful, If you have any questions, please drop your comments below.
Last Updated 3 years